Tuesday July 28
7pm: Beth Summerl, R.N. : What is Mindfulness?
- Awareness vs. thinking; small moments many times
- Habitual modes of mind and perception
- Settling into this moment: A brief meditation practice
8pm: Susana Marquez, LMFT : How to handle communication and intimacy issues with your partner.
- Learn how to effectively communicate needs/wants.
- Learn how use “I” messages to communicate.
- Learn how to identify your needs/wants in regards to intimacy.
Thursday July 30th
7pm: Shala Salem, M.D. Preconception and Fertility Basics :
- Learn the basics of the female menstrual cycle, how to identify what is normal.
- Learn how to identify your time of ovulation and the best times to try to conceive.
- What tests are recommended for evaluation and how to interpret your results.
- Integrative health tips to help optimize health will also be discussed.
8pm : Zermina Akbary, BSN, R.N., CHHC: The Role of nutrition in fertility and pregnancy part 1
- Learn all about the important macronutrients needed for healthy hormones and creating balance
- Understand the science of how macronutrients affect our hormones – this will be simplified for you so you can make healthier choices
- How to implement incorporating these macronutrients into your lifestyle
Tuesday August 4th
7pm: Beth Summerl, R.N. : Resistance: Wanting Things to be Different
- Inhabiting the body
- Feeling tones
- Reactivity and stress
8pm : Susana Marquez, LMFT: How to cope with feelings of fear/failure after a loss
- Learn to identify feelings/thoughts related to failure and fear
- Learn to express feelings/thoughts to partner.
- Learn coping skills to help minimize feelings of failure and fear.
Thursday August 6th
7pm : Shala Salem, M.D : Causes of infertility
- Learn about polycystic Ovarian syndrome (PCOS) and affects on fertility.
- Learn about endometriosis and how this affects fertility
- Learn about Male causes of infertility
- Learn about Age as a factor of infertility
- Learn about causes of miscarriage and how this relates to infertility
- Learn integrative methods to improve these conditions and help to increase chances of pregnancy.
8pm: Zermina Akbary, BSN, R.N., CHHC – The role of nutrition in fertility and pregnancy part 2
- The importance of balancing blood sugar + insulin levels and how that can affect fertility.
- Focus on replacing food items instead of removing. How to transition into making healthier swaps that will support you on your fertility journey.
- Understand what a fertility plate looks like.
Tuesday August 11th
7pm: Beth Summerl R.N.: Choice
- Inhabiting the space between stimulus and response
- The science and the physiology of mindfulness
- Your true home: Heartfulness
8pm : Susana Marquez, LMFT : Coping with the emotional highs/lows during infertility
- Learn coping skills to help with emotional roller coaster
- Learn how to identify triggers/patterns/behaviors that can intensify emotional roller coaster of feelings.
- Learn how to implement coping skills when emotions are triggered.
Thursday August 13th
7pm: Shala Salem, M.D. Infertility Treatments
- Learn about ovulation induction, intrauterine insemination and In Vitro Fertilization
- Learn when each treatment is recommended, the side effects and success rates.
8pm: Zermina Akbary, BSN, R.N., CHHC. – Supplements that promote egg and sperm health
- Learn what micronutrients are. How to get them from food and when to supplement.
- Supplements for Egg Health
- Supplements for Sperm Health
Tuesday August 18th:
7pm: Beth Summerl, R.N.: Being Human
- Stability and clarity practices
- Peace, beauty, calm
- Continuing the journey; resources
8pm: Susana Marquez, LMFT: How to cope with familial pressures and expectations
- Learn to set boundaries with family members
- Learn to communicate with “I” messages
- Explore familial pressures and expectations in order to address them.
Thursday August 20th
7pm: Shala Salem, M.D. Are toxins in your environment affecting your fertility?
- Learn how Environmental chemicals affect egg, sperm, embryo and fetus.
- Learn what toxins you should avoid and how to avoid them to increase your chances of a healthy pregnancy.
- How to find safer products for you and your partner.
8pm: Zermina Akbary, BSN, R.N., CHHC : How to create a healthy Kitchen
- Learn what a healthy kitchen looks like.
- Storage/Organization Tips
- Pantry item staples
- Learn about tips, tricks and resources to make these changes be more sustainable.