Last week, the Fertility Journeys podcast launched! This podcast features expert guests from various backgrounds within integrative medicine and real patient stories. Episode 1 features Dr. Loree Johnson and a deep discussion about fertility stress and trauma. Here is a highlight of some of the discussion between Dr. Shala and Dr. Loree
- A natural progression that can take place for many people when they undergo fertility treatments, where it begins to impact mental health.
- Getting mental health check-ups and support while undergoing fertility treatment isn’t the standard, but maybe it should be.
- An explanation of the difference between infertility stress and infertility trauma; observing the severity of symptoms.
- The value for anybody who’s going through infertility struggles to work with a mental health professional.
- The stress that men can feel during the fertility journey, and ways that couples can maintain a connection.
- EMDR therapy, what it is, and how it can help someone experiencing infertility.
- Mindfulness and refocusing attention to the present on the fertility journey
This episode is packed with great information. I hope you’ll listen and share it with anyone that it could help. You can listen to the podcast HERE